Advisory Boards for Startup and Scaling Organisations
- Highlight the purpose and role of an advisory board for startups
- Identify when it’s time to build an advisory board
- Underline the desirable mindset of advisory board members in comparison to the requirements of directors on full governance boards
- Demonstrate how to use a skills matrix to identify the type of advisors suitable for startups and evaluate their effectiveness as the business grows
- Outline the common pitfalls startup companies experience with advisory boards and how to avoid them.
Examples of advisory boards in action:
- Q&A with Marissa Sandler, co-founder of Careseekers, a startup which went through NRMA’s Jumpstart accelerator program run by Slingshot two years ago
- How has Slingshot scaled under the guidance of appointed Chairman Gary Flowers
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.