What do Accounting Clients Really Want?
James Evangelides reveals the lessons learned from 20 intimate conversations with owners & CFOs who buy Accounting services for their business. They range in size from $1m to $350m + in revenue. Their responses may just surprise you!
The session provides tools and tactics to allow professionals in accounting firms to rethink their attitude & habits when it comes to the topic that most accountants love to hate — business development & sales! The aim is to give participants:
- The know how to build stronger client relationships;
- Insights on how to sell more to clients;
- Ways to bill more higher margin services.
- The five things clients want from their accountants/advisers
- Why do accountants exist?
- Two case studies: the good accountant AND the bad accountant
- Things to do & things not to do
- A new way of thinking
- Better understanding of the client mindset
- The importance of moving from compliance to advisory services
- Strategies & tactics to win more work from existing clients
- Strategies & tactics on how to win new clients
Anyone working in an accounting practice who wants to build better relationships with existing clients and gain work from new clients. Winning business and providing better clients service is everybody’s responsibility within the firm—not just the people at the top.
About the Presenter
James Evangelidis is the author of “What do Accounting Clients Really Want?” - 20 frank conversations with people who buy accounting services recently published by Thomson Reuters.
During his career James has consulted to many large and small businesses including PwC, Ernst & Young, BDO, Grant Thornton, Moore Stephens, IAG, Macquarie Bank, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, Merrill Lynch, Fujitsu and News Limited.
James’ experience in working with clients in the accounting sector has given him a unique set of insights into the dynamics of the relationship between clients and accountants/advisers.
Earn 2.0 CPE hours