Telepractice in speech pathology - principles and practicalities
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
Thu, 27 April 2017, 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (AEST)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 27 April 2018
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This workshop will provide an overview of the principles and practicalities of delivering speech pathology services via telepractice. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about different telepractice models and as well as key documents that guide speech pathology service delivery. Practical information will be provided to support service establishment and implementation including engagement of key staff, choice of technology, communication processes, session tips and considerations for service sustainability.
What I will learn:
Following this online event participants will be able to:
- Identify different telepractice models of care used in speech pathology
Recognise the relevant requirements for the delivery of services via telepractice -
- Professional, clinical and technical requirements
- Key stakeholders required to support service development and implementation
- Various types and integration of telepractice technology and other peripheral devices
- Tips for designing and delivering clinical sessions via telepractice
- Communication processes and telepractice etiquette
- Understand telepractice service evaluation and factors that support service sustainability
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists who are interested in considering telepractice to deliver speech pathology services. The information provided will be generic incorporating both adult and paediatric service considerations.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
- Participants are not required to bring anything to the event. All materials will be provided.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
Speech Pathology & Audiology Department, Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital