Mergers and Acquisitions - providing the right governance
A practical guide for boards and directors, this webinar will explore key traps and pitfalls for boards who are thinking seriously about making corporate acquisitions. Dr Dean Blomson will expand on his M&A articles published from 13 May through the AICD Governance Leadership Centre following the life cycle of an M&A transaction. It will focus on flagging key questions board members should be asking at all stage gates, and what mix of factors determines whether a board is able to exercise effective oversight to help secure shareholder value.
You will learn to:
- Define what is ‘right board M&A governance
Explain how the right board governance is applied across the four stages of the M&A lifecycle:
- Targeting strategy - why and where you want to grow through M&A
- The transaction - how you approach this, assess the sources of value and
- undertake due diligence
- Transition - preparing for and conducting the First 100 days
- Transformation - moving beyond the 100 days into longer term value delivery
- Identify traps to look out for, what can go wrong
- Choose key questions the board should ask of the executive team during the M&A lifecycle.
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
DPD Units = 5
Dr Dean Blomson