Evaluating Board Finances Part 1: Interpret, analyse and question financial statements
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 31 October 2018
- Duration: 60 minutes
Financial literacy is a skill that few of us are taught, yet when joining a board, we are expected to be able to understand financial concepts, ask probing questions when presented with financial information at board meetings, draw conclusions and make decisions. None of this is easy.
It is essential every director has sufficient financial literacy to be able to understand and interpret the financial information presented to them. The purpose of this webinar is to give you the skills and build your confidence in being able to analyse and interpret financial information.
This 60-minute webinar will cover:
An explanation of the three financial statements of an ASX-listed company, namely:
- the balance sheet;
- the income statement; and
- the statement of cash flows.
- Explanation of a step-by-step methodology on ways to analyse and interpret each of the statements then draw conclusions on financial performance
- Questions for directors to ask in relation to issues identified above after applying the step-by-step methodology.
DPD Units = 5
Lecturer, QUT Business School
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.