An introductory guide to directors' legal duties - Navigating the regulatory landscape
This introductory webinar examines the key duties and responsibilities of directors to their companies and shareholders and offers tips on how to avoid breaches and falling foul of the law.
The webinar is divided into three sections:
The Corporations Act forms the basis of a director’s main duties, including:
- the duty to act with care and diligence, and the business judgment rule
- the duty to act with good faith
- the duty regarding use of position
- the duty to not misuse position
Director’s duties comprise a range of financial responsibilities including:
- the obligation to keep financial records
- the duty not to trade while insolvent
- duties relating to voidable transactions prior to the winding up of a company
The third and final part of the webinar touches on mechanisms directors can utilise to protect themselves from liability and other breaches.
Note: This webinar will not cover Work Health and Safety, Discrimination, or Fiduciary Duties (although fiduciary duties will be touched upon briefly in respect of good faith).
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
DPD Units = 5
Partner, Associate Professor of Law