Cybersecurity and Directors' Duties
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 31 December 2018
- Duration: 60 minutes
"… the obligations on company directors and officers to discharge their duties with care and diligence extend to cybersecurity. However, many boards are still leaving it to their technology leaders to manage this threat.” Speech by ASIC Chairman Greg Medcraft, (December 2016).
In this environment how your organisation and its board respond in the aftermath of a data breach can be more important than the breach itself.
What we will cover:
- Why data breaches have suddenly become an everyday occurrence and why this trend will continue.
- Changes in the local and international regulatory environment and the implications for Australian companies and directors.
- A data breach simulation to highlight the requirement for a tried and tested incident response plan.
- Directors duties — do’s and don’ts in response to a breach.
The occurrence of data breaches is only going to increase, while the days of directors being able to relegate responsibility for cybersecurity to the IT department have passed. As an Australian company director, you need to be aware of your regulatory and fiduciary duties relating to data protection, and how you should prepare for the inevitable data breach.
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
DPD Units = 5
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.