The Essential Director Update 2017
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$0.00|
- Expiry Date: 14 August 2018
- Duration: 90 minutes
An indispensable and concise update for directors, delivered by eminent director Graham Bradley AM FAICD who will be joined by AICD’s Chief Economist, Stephen Walters MAICD, for stimulating discussion on governance, regulation, the economy and business trends. They will provide insights and focus on real examples to bring the current issues to life.
They will cover a board spectrum of current issues including:
The business environment
- AICD’s Director Sentiment Index
- Trust and business legitimacy
- Blueprint for Growth 2017
- China relations
- Foreign bribery
- Technology trends and the future of work
- The rise and change of Asian economies
- Independent directors
- Independence of super fund trustee boards
- Board’s role in strategy
The governance environment
- Corporate culture
- Whistleblowing reform
- Shareholder activism
- Executive remuneration
- Insolvent trading safe harbour developments
- Phoenixing activity
- Climate change and director liability
- Diversity and progress towards 30% by 2018
- Cybersecurity developments
- Enhanced auditor reporting
The regulatory environment
- ASIC and the crowdfunding new legislation
- ACCC update and changes to Section 46
- AASB update and changes to standards
- ACNC update and fundraising reform
This session is for members only. Please have your membership number ready for registration.
Please register for the recording if you are unable to attend the live event.
DPD Units = 10
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.