Successfully exiting your business - How a board can assist
For owners and directors of small and family businesses, the first part of the lifecycle of their business is largely determined by natural market forces, the second by the choices they make. It is the choices in the latter stages of a business lifecycle that are often critical to creating a legacy of success.
Maturity, transition of ownership and exit are natural and inevitable stages of every business lifecycle, so when it is time to move on, there are benefits to considering a board or advisory board as part of your exit strategy.
This webinar examines the challenges and benefits business owners face when considering exiting a company and establishing a board to support an exit strategy, covering:
- Typical stages of a business exit that may need a board creation
- Deciding your objectives for instigating a board
- Navigating the legal complexities
- The contracts and structures you need to have in place before commencing the transition
- How to balance emotions and assets with risking the business
- How to successfully transition out of the business
This webinar is for small or family business owners who are seeking alternative strategies for exiting their business and understanding the benefits of a board or advisory board for this purpose. Rob MacLean will share strategies and planning tools for owners and directors thinking about this next stage.
DPD Units = 5
Rob MacLean GAICD