Tone from the Top - Using positive language to manage difficult conversations
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$89.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$130.00|
Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (AEST)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 28 November 2018
- Duration: 60 minutes
Building positive relationships with you CEO and board members is a reflection of who you are as a director. As a result you need to be aware of what others hear and see when you communicate with them. Understanding how to use words and language that result in a positive impact rather than a negative one can improve your influence and effectiveness.
Co-hosts Melinda Muth and Bob Seldon will:
- Build awareness of the process of conversation
- Explain simple steps to build influential conversations
- Relate the steps to a variety of different situations across a range of stakeholders including the CEO
- Explain the concept of clean language and how a simple word such as 'and' is used to identify sources of conflict and break down barriers
- Tools, technical and practical examples will be used to illustrate the connection between language and influence and help you experience the impact of positive and negative language on conversations
This webinar is all about choosing ‘positive’ words to build relationships and help directors to actively manage boardroom conversations, build consensus and produce positive outcomes even in difficult situations.
Melinda Muth and Bob Selden have co-authored ‘Setting The Tone From The Top: How director conversations shape culture’ which will be available for pre-purchase shortly. See the Bookstore for further details.
Take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount. *Series webinars are exempt from this offer.
DPD Units =5
Dr Melinda Muth FAICD
The National Learning Institute
Can't make this session at the scheduled time?
A recording of this session is available. Simply choose the recording option when registering for this session. An email with a link to view the recording will be sent within approximately 48 hours of the live session.
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.