Developing Your Director Career Series Part 4 - Boardroom opportunity quantitative due diligence
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 23 December 2018
- Duration: 60 minutes
It is very common for people to accept a board position on the basis that the organisation is well established and has a high profile. However it is highly inadvisable to accept such an appointment without undertaking proper due diligence, particularly if you have not been on a board before.
This webinar will focus on the conduct of mainly quantitative due diligence for a board position including:
- The informal due diligence that should start well before you are interviewed or even before you apply for a role
- The quantitative due diligence that relates to the financial, risk and other key considerations before joining a board
- Touching briefly on the qualitative due diligence (addressed in more detail in Part 5) that tells you what you really need to know before joining a board - the culture and dynamics within board and management
- The tools available to help manage the legal risks in joining a board - especially director insurance and indemnities
At the end of this session you should understand what qualitative and quantitative due diligence areas need investigating as part of your own reassurance that this is the right board for you.
Elizabeth Jameson has authored the book 'Developing your Director Career' available for purchase. Purchase the book and get the five part webinar series for the member price of $300 instead of $445 (32% discount). Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have purchased the book to retrieve the 'promo-code'.
Purchase the five part webinar series and receive a 20% discount.
DPD Units = 5
Elizabeth Jameson FAICD
Board Matters Pty Ltd
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.