First among equals - The role of the chair
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2019
- Duration: 60 minutes
First among equals is an appropriate characterisation of the role of the chair in any company whether it operates for profit, or not-for-profit, regardless of the process used for election to this position.
Providing leadership to the board, the chair takes ultimate responsibility for the overall performance of the organisation and is expected to be the conduit by which communication is transmitted and received between the board and the rest of the organisation.
Getting the role of the chair right is the first step towards a solid board and organisational culture. During this webinar we will discuss:
- the chair’s greater accountability in today’s legislative and regulatory environments
- providing leadership in the development and maintenance of healthy organisational culture and values
- ensuring integrity and timeliness is maintained in all accounting and reporting
- taking the chair at board meetings and ensuring that all directors are heard, decisions summarised and recorded
- driving the regular activities of the board and ensuring that all its annual duties and responsibilities are fulfilled
- supporting and mentoring the chief executive
- building and maintaining good relations with key stakeholders such as shareholders, board committees and the company secretary, through timely and appropriate reporting
The role of chair of the board should neither be offered nor accepted without a very clear understanding and acceptance of the duties, responsibilities and expectations of this position. This webinar will provide insight into the requirements of this role and is appropriate for aspiring or new chairs and may also be a timely refresher for directors currently holding the role.
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount. *Series webinars are exempt from this offer.
DPD Units = 5
Vanessa Boully FAICD
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.