Governance for boards in the aged care sector
|Price (incl GST)|
Tue, 9 October 2018, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (AEDT)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 28 August 2019
- Duration: 60 minutes
The aged care sector has evolved significantly over the past few years as has the aged population and consumer expectations. Recent reviews have highlighted the need for boards to provide strong leadership in relation to ensuring quality outcomes for stakeholders focusing on the health and safety and effective consumer engagement.
This session emphasises the practical good governance elements that contribute to a healthy and safe culture in aged care organisations.
You will learn:
- To identify if your organisation is at risk of failure to protect vulnerable people
- To analyse causal factors contributing to vulnerability
- To assess the nature and impact of organisational culture
- Linkages with good governance principles, risk management and strategy
- Implications of the Greiner Review recommendations
The webinar provides tools and frameworks for directors in the aged care sector and examines contemporary governance issues. It is designed to stimulate thinking and generate ideas and questions that boards should ask.
DPD Units = 5
Rosina Hislop FAICD
Can't make this session at the scheduled time?
A recording of this session is available. Simply choose the recording option when registering for this session. An email with a link to view the recording will be sent within approximately 48 hours of the live session.
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.