FREE FOR MEMBERS - All you need to know about the Speech Pathology Australia Mentoring Program
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$0.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$0.00|
The Speech Pathology Australia Mentoring Program is a member benefit, free to all SPA members The mentoring program aims to provide members with individualised, targeted professional development and professional support, and will be of particular relevance and benefit at different times in your career.
This webinar aims to ensure any member considering joining the program, as well as any member already involved in mentoring partnerships:
- Is aware of and knows what to do at each stage of the mentoring process from beginning to end
- Has an understanding of how the SPA mentoring program fits in to a broader context of clinical and professional support and professional development
- Knows how to get the most out of their mentoring partnership to meet their individual needs, and what these needs might be
- Knows what to do if issues arise in the mentoring partnership, and what these issues might be
- Optimise the likelihood of achieving career goals through the mentoring program
What I will learn?
By the end of this workshop, the aim is that you should be able to:
- Identify key features of a successful mentoring partnership
- Recognise when your mentoring partnership has come to an end
- Apply the principles of mentoring to your own mentoring partnership
- Participate in the Speech Pathology Australia Mentoring Program
- Distinguish how mentoring terms and definitions used by Speech Pathology Australia may differ from other professions and industries
- Differentiate between mentoring, supervision and peer support
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists or speech pathology students.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists with an interest in mentoring.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- Participants are asked to send through any questions they would like addressed prior to the webinar, but are also welcome to ask questions during the webinar.
- There is no required pre-reading. All materials will be supplied.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points