What do I do now? Augmentative and Alternative Communication is NOT a last resort.
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
- Expiry Date: 22 March 2019
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This workshop aims to provide participants with knowledge and information in the following areas:
- Participation Model
- Assessment & Goal Setting – what’s out there and the value of Dynamic Assessment
- Strategies for the Individual including Key Word Sign, Low tech and high tech aided strategies
- Working with Communication Partners
- Where to go for more info
What I will learn:
- Learn about two appropriate assessments used with paediatric and adult clients.
- Identify a range of no-tech, low-tech and high-tech AAC options and where to go for further information.
- Understand the applicability of different types of expressive communication aids, receptive communication aids and supports for communication partners for a range of clients with little or no speech.
- Apply general strategies to effectively implement AAC.
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is suitable for speech pathologists with minimal experience with augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and those with an interest in the assessment of individuals with complex communication needs and prescribing augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems
- This event will be applicable to those with little to no experience in practice in this area.
- Speech pathology students who have undertaken the relevant lectures and/or coursework and/or clinical placements are welcome to attend.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
- Participants are not required to bring anything to the event. All materials will be provided.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points