The ABCs of CAPD
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
- Expiry Date: 22 March 2020
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This workshop aims to provide participants with knowledge and understanding of the assessment and management of CAPD. Participants will have the opportunity to differentiate and interpret CAP tests and understand the referral process and team involved in the assessment and management of people with CAPD. The workshop will cover CAP assessment instruments and provide the opportunity for participants to interpret CAPD reports. Participants will be able to differentiate selected management techniques. Simulations and case studies will be presented and recommended materials and resources will be discussed.
What I will learn:
By the end of this workshop, the aim is that you should be able to:
- Understand the various viewpoints of CAPD apparent in the literature
- Understand and be able to interpret the audiological assessment procedures and reports used by the audiologist in Central Auditory Processing testing
- Differentiate the various intervention options and models of intervention
- Recognise the Speech Pathologist's role in the assessment and management of people with CAPD
- Apply this knowledge to case studies
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists with an interest in developing their skills in Central Auditory Processing Disorder. The workshop will include reference to all age groups and is a general level workshop. No prior knowledge or expertise (other than what was covered at University) is required to attend this workshop.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings however, prior to the event, participants are asked to submit any questions they have about CAPD and any typical de-identified scenarios they might want discussed.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
Chyrisse Heine & Associates