QLD CODE: Autism, Early Intervention And The NDIS - What's The State Of Play?
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
- Expiry Date: 26 September 2019
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists working with children or families under the NDIS, or who work in an area soon to come under the scheme. This event will relate to children in the early childhood early intervention (ECEI) program: children aged 0-6 years, and with a diagnosis or signs of autism spectrum disorder.
- Participants should be aware that there are differences in the implementation of the scheme across different states: some of these will be covered, but this PD event will focus most closely on NDIS rollout in Victoria.
What I will learn:
Participants attending this online event will:
- Be familiar with key terminology and processes relating to the NDIS in early intervention for young children with autism
- Understand developments to date in the roll-out of the NDIS in Victoria
- Learn about some interstate variations to the scheme
- Identify challenges and strategies to advocate for families participating in the scheme
- Be aware of opportunities to seek advice and provide feedback about the scheme
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- Participants who are new to the NDIS will be very welcome.
- Basic knowledge of autism and familiarity with this population is recommended.
- Speech pathology students are welcome.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
CPD points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
La Trobe University (Victorian Autism Specific Early Learning & Care Centre)