FREE FOR MEMBERS - The NDIS, starting at the very beginning - Do I want to get in? How do I get in? First steps once I am in!
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$0.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$0.00|
- Expiry Date: 12 December 2019
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
The NDIS is the most significant social reform in Australia since the introduction of Medicare and has been described as like a plane that is still being built while in flight. From July 1st 2016 the pace of implementation changed, with an exponential increase in the number of participants, and the beginnings of development of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building piece of the NDIS. The NDIS has led to a significant increase in demand, with speech pathology identified as one of the services which are in short supply. While the NDIS provides opportunities, it has also brought with it a range of challenges for providers. This workshop will focus on the ‘nitty –gritty’ issues and information that members have let us know are top of the list to know - understanding current and potential benefits, challenges and requirements of registered providers; ‘first steps’ in engaging with participants, including understanding plans and support items and developing service agreements; creating service bookings; and a step by step introduction to claiming via the portal.
What I will learn:
By the end of this online event you will:
- Have an understanding of the client/service groupings in the NDIS, and what supports they are being provided
- Know how to register, and understand the basic business processes needed as a registered provider
- Understand the different plan management options, creating a service agreement and claiming for payment
- Understand the NDIS principles and paradigms, and how these relate to participant’s plans and speech pathology practice
Who should attend:
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists who are thinking about registering, or have recently registered with the NDIS.
- While largely targeted to members who are, or are wishing to work in private practice, the information will also be of interest for those working in other sectors, and in government and non-government organisations in the disability sector, who are unfamiliar with the NDIS
- The workshop is aimed at members who have not been engaging with the NDIS at all, or for long, but will also provide up to date information about changed processes or decisions
- No required knowledge or skills
What do I need to read beforehand?
While there are no required pre-readings, it is suggested that workshop participants visit the NDIS website and look at the information on the Provider page.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
National Advisor, Disability
Speech Pathology Australia