Updating accent modification practice: Intelligibility Enhancement for multilingual speakers
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
Thu, 11 October 2018, 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (AEDT)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 11 October 2020
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This event aims to support speech-language pathologists working with multilingual adults to enhance their intelligibility in English. As in any area of clinical practice, clinicians working in Intelligibility Enhancement (also known as accent modification or pronunciation training) need information not only to make appropriate clinical decisions, but also to better understand the needs of clients in order to advocate for and empower them. This webinar will review the literature and terminology relating to Intelligibility Enhancement and multilingual speakers in Australia. Presentation of principles for assessment and intervention will be supplemented with specific examples from different languages.
What I will learn:
Learning outcomes for participants include:
- Gain insight into multilingual speakers’ perceptions of barriers and facilitators to enhancing their intelligibility in English and their subsequent motivation for seeking support
- Develop knowledge and skills for assessment and intervention for Intelligibility Enhancement
- Consider key features that should be incorporated into an Intelligibility Enhancement program
- Understand expected outcomes of Intelligibility Enhancement intervention
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists but prior experience of working in this area is not necessary or assumed.
- Speech pathology students who are close to completing their studies may find this of interest
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There is no required pre-reading.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
Helen L. Blake
University of Technology