FREE FOR MEMBERS - The new NDIS National Quality and Safeguarding Framework - implications for speech pathologists working with NDIS clients.
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$0.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$0.00|
- Expiry Date: 14 June 2019
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
The National Quality and Safeguarding Framework (NQSF) is due to be rolled out in South Australia and New South Wales on the 1 July.
The state and territory governments will continue to be responsible for managing registration while the NQSF is rolled out nationally, with the other states rolling out in 2019, and Western Australia by 2020.
All providers registering with the NDIS will be required to undertake some level of credentialing.
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- Understand the basics of the NQSF, why it why developed and the roll out period across Australia.
- Understand the requirements across all areas of support including early childhood supports.
- Be aware of any changes in requirements from current state-based system to the national framework.
- Know what requirements that need to be fulfilled by a speech pathologist in order to be able to deliver supports under NDIS to clients in their practice e.g. registration requirements and management of complaints and feedback.
- be able to support participants to understand this Framework.
- Understand what level of experience is required to see NDIS participants particularly those receiving early childhood supports.
Who should attend:
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists who are working with or thinking about working with participants who receive support from NDIS.
- While largely targeted to members who are, or are wishing to work in private practice, the information will also be of interest for those working in other sectors, and in government and non-government organisations in the disability sector.
- All speech pathologists who provide or are thinking about providing services under the NDIS, regardless of years of experience.
- This workshop is aimed at all members who are delivering supports under the NDIS.
- No required knowledge or skills
What do I need to read beforehand?
While there are no required pre-readings, it is suggested that workshop participants visit SPA"s information about the NDIS, the NDIS website and look at the information on the Provider page.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
National Advisor, Disability
Speech Pathology Australia