An update on Speech Pathology intervention in Head and Neck Cancer: Current pathways, practices and considerations
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
Thu, 31 January 2019, 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (AEDT)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 31 January 2021
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This event will provide an overview and update on current pathways, practices and considerations in the care of patients with head and neck cancer (HNC). It will outline current care pathways and supporting documents for the delivery of speech pathology services. The presentation will describe new medical treatment approaches along with an update on a speech pathology assessment tools and rehabilitation. An overview of new speech pathology models of care will be provided. In particular technology-enabled services will be highlighted along with practical information on how to design and deliver these models of care to benefit both patients and health services. Current literature, resources and information – both for use by the professional and consumer will be discussed.
What I will learn:
This online event will provide participants with the following:
- Overview of new care pathways and supporting documents to optimise the HNC patient journey and speech pathology service delivery
- Summary of current approaches in the treatment of HNC
- Update on assessment tools and rehabilitation of swallowing and communication disorders associated with HNC
- Awareness of new models of care to enhance the delivery of speech pathology HNC services
- Professional and consumer focused resources, tools, and tips for use in clinical practice
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This event is relevant for speech pathologists who deliver speech pathology services to clients with head and neck cancer.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
- Participants are not required to bring anything to the event. All materials will be provided.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
Speech Pathology & Audiology Department, Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital