FBT 2017: Government and NFPs - cars and entertainment - everything you need to know, webinar
A practical session providing a refresher for all FBT issues relating to cars & entertainment.
During the session we will explore the best of the cars and entertainment FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service. This will be a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT issues.
Issues to be explored include:
- Identifying when a benefit exists
- Private use issues
- Operating cost valuation issues
- Statutory formula valuation issue
- Novated lease and residual value issues
- Work horse vehicle issues - always FBT exempt?
- Log book issues including new Log Book rules for Fleet cars
- Issues with Pooled cars
- Identifying entertainment in common Government and NFP scenarios
- Revisiting the Meal entertainment and entertainment facility leasing changes?
- Treatment and issues with tax exempt body entertainment
- Treatment of non-entertainment
- When can the minor benefit exemption be used?
- Other exemptions
- Leisure facility access ? entertainment?
- Travel and conference issues
Attendees will receive a comprehensive set of notes.
CPD Points: 1.5 hours
You may also be interested in this session:
FBT 2017: Government and NFPs - everything you need to know, webinar
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view.