FBT 2018: Key FBT developments for Government and NFPs to be aware of in 2018
A practical session providing coverage of the key FBT developments and issues relevant to the 2018 FBT return.
During the session we will explore the best of the FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service. This will be a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT scenarios.
Issues to be explored include
What's new in 2018?
- The ATO's updated guidance on work related travel expenses - implications for FBT?
- Business trips / log books
- Otherwise deductible travel
- LAFHAs or business travel
- New Salary Packaging opportunities
- Bus fares
- Uber - developments in the ride sharing area and FBT implications
- Developments in the remote area packaging space
- ATO audit and compliance activities
- FBT rate changes in 2018
Plus coverage of all the perennial key FBT issues:
- Motor Vehicles
- Work-horse vehicle issues
- New log book rules for fleet vehicles
- Tax-exempt body entertainment fringe benefits
- Otherwise deductible issues
- Course fees, HECS and HELP related benefit issues
- Conference and travel expenses
- Living Away From Home/Remote area/Relocation issues
- Staff responsible for 2018 FBT return preparation
- Detailed coverage of key issues relevant to 2018 FBT return preparation
Who should attend?
What you can expect from the session
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view.